UCS B230 M2 Blade Server is one of the industry’s highest-density two-socket blade server platforms.
It is a critical new building block in the Cisco Unified Computing System
portfolio, offering compact performance
for enterprise-critical applications within the Cisco Unified Computing System architecture. It is an excellent choice
for IT departments that are looking for ways to increase computing performance and memory capacity while
getting the most value from the available space in their data centers.
Cisco continues its commitment to being a trusted x86 systems provider with a wide range of system options.
The Cisco UCS B230 M2 further extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System by delivering new
levels of performance, energy efficiency, reliability and security for mission-critical applications in a virtualized
The Cisco UCS B230 M2 is based on industry-standard server technologies and provides:
● One or two multicore Intel
processor E7-2800 product family, for up to 20 processing cores
● 32 DIMM slots for industry-standard Samsung 40-nanometer (nm) technology using double-data-rate
3 (DDR3) memory
● Two optional solid-state drives (SSDs)
● One dual-port mezzanine slot for up to 20 Gbps of redundant I/O throughput
● Remote management through a Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) that implements policy
established in Cisco UCS Manager software
● Local keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) access through a front console port on each server
● Out-of-band access by remote KVM, Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol, and virtual media (vMedia) as well as
the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
The Cisco UCS B230 M2 is a half-width blade (Figure 1). Up to eight of these high-density two-socket servers can
reside in the six-rack-unit (6RU) Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis, offering one of the highest
densities of servers per rack unit in the industry